By the Numbers: Federation's Impact in Rockland County
Image: JCC Rockland's Teen Leadership Initiative (TLI) participants. The TLI program is made possible by a grant from Federation.
Through grants to local partner agencies – JCC Rockland, Rockland Jewish Family Service (RJFS), the Holocaust Museum and Hillel of Rockland – Federation has touched the lives of thousands in our community. In the past 12 months alone...
- 100+ adults with developmental disabilities participated in a group Passover Seder, summer barbecue and Chanukah party through a partnership between RJFS and ARC of Rockland.
- 19 seniors with dementia enjoyed special holiday celebrations throughout the year, through the RJFS Traditions Program.
- 300 campers per week attended JCC Rockland camps during the summer of 2016, many of whom benefitted from Federation’s $17,000 scholarship grant.
- 21 Jewish teens in grades 10-12 made an impact on the world through JCC Rockland’s Teen Leadership Initiative.
- 110 college students, faculty, administrators, parents and alumni gathered for a Shabbat Unity Dinner led by Hillel of Rockland at Rockland Community College.
- 525 people enjoyed the upbeat music of the 8th Day Band at Hillel of Rockland’s Chanukah Unity concert, funded in part by a grant from Federation.
- 12 college students and members of Hillel of Rockland completed a Jewish Student Leadership Institute program at Rockland Community College.
- 77 Holocaust survivors and their families received specialized case management from Rockland Jewish Family Service, funded in part by Federation.
- 23 teens participated in Total Teen Experience, a summer camp/business entrepreneurship program run by Rockland Jewish Family Service at Ramapo College.
Federation’s 2016-2017 grants also supported JCC Rockland’s Early Childhood Center, senior programs and Maccabi games, as well as Hillel of Rockland’s Birthright Alumni programs and many other RJFS services not mentioned above! We thank our donors for their continued generosity which enables Federation to impact so many people in Rockland’s Jewish community.