Federation presents a community and social media workshop.
- Center for Safety & Change
- Rockland County Human Rights Commission
- Rockland County Pride Center
- Rockland County Board of Rabbis
- Rockland Federation Board Members
- Gain the tools and strategies needed to present Rockland County and your organization as a place that celebrates diversity.
- Learn to use social media to share the message that Rockland and your organization is welcoming to all.
- Review ways to counter negative messages and hate speech found in social media.
- 5:30 PM Opportunity to meet social media “doctors” for an individualized assessment and coaching of your organization’s messaging and social media usage
- 6:30 PM Get acquainted light dinner
- 7:00-9:00 PM Workshop
Sree Sreenivasan is a leading social and digital media consultant and trainer, working with nonprofits, startups, companies and executives around the world. He has served as Chief Digital Officer of New York City, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Columbia University (where he was a full-time professor of journalism for 20+ years).
He taught a course on entrepreneurship at Columbia for four years with Ken Lerer, the co-founder of Huffington Post, chairman of Buzzfeed and co-founder of venture firm LererHippeau. He also had a TV career, working as an on-air tech expert for the three largest NYC stations, WABC-7, WNBC-4, WCBS-2.
Sree is the creator of three popular social media learning opportunities that have been attended by thousands of participants in the U.S., India and more than a dozen other countries: Social Media Weekend, Social Media Day and Social Media One-Night Stand. SIGN UP FOR INFO: http://bit.ly/sreelist3 ° And join his FB Group, Sree’s Advanced Social Media: http://bit.ly/sreefbadvanced
In 2015, Fast Company named him one of the 100 most creative people in business; and in 2010, he was named one of the 35 most influential people in social media by the Poynter Institute. In 2014, he was named most influential CDO by CDO Club. In 2012, he named to a seed list of the 100 most important journalists of the past century by Unity: Journalists of Color. In 2004, Newsweek named him one of the 20 most influential South Asians in the U.S., along with Jhumpa Lahiri, M. Night Shyamalan and Norah Jones, among others.
He has a BA (Hons) in History from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi; and a MS in Journalism from Columbia. Read Sree’s new NYT guide to social media at http://bit.ly/nyt2017
Facebook group: http://bit.ly/sreefbadvanced
Instagram: @sreenet: http://instagram.com/sreenet
TEDx talks: http://bit.ly/sreetedxvideos