Cream Cheese Swirled Brownie Recipe
A dessert from the past…here’s a recipe for Shavuot (or anytime, actually) from Jennie Goldress, daughter of Federation Adult Education instructor, Leslie Goldress, as it appeared in Fed Connect in 2016. A good brownie recipe is always a good brownie recipe. Enjoy!
(Preparation Time: 15 minutes)
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Land-O-Lakes butter, cut into pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Diamond Walnuts
- No-stick corn oil cooking spray
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
MELT 1 cup of the chocolate morsels and butter in a large, heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in 3 eggs. Add flour, 1 cup of the sugar, baking soda and vanilla; stir well. Stir in walnuts and remaining morsels. Spread into 13" x 9" baking pan coated with cooking spray.
BEAT cream cheese and remaining sugar in small mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in 1 egg. Drop by spoonfuls over chocolate batter; swirl two mixtures with back of spoon.
BAKE at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or just until set. Cool to room temperature in pan on wire rack. Chill.
Makes about 2 dozen brownies
Please login to leave a comment